As a mom, you are constantly giving of yourself. You pour your time, energy, and love into your family day after day, and sometimes it can feel like you have nothing left to give. If you’re feeling weary and tired know that you are not alone.
Pretty much every mom feels overwhelmed or exhausted at one point or another. One of the easiest things you can do is memorize, study and recite scripture. If you feel like you just don’t have time for it then read our post – Finding Time for God When Raising Your Babies.
These ten inspirational bible verses will inspire and encourage you as you continue to do the hard work of motherhood. The goal of memorizing God’s word is so that you have it and can recall it from memory in life’s most challenging moments.
1. “Give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Ephesians 5:20
Even on the hardest days, it is so important to remember all of the blessings in your life. This verse is a reminder to be thankful for everything, even the challenges that come our way. They are shaping and transforming us into who God desires us to be. Thankfulness opens our hearts to receive more of God’s peace and grace.
2. “But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
This verse is a promise from God that He will renew our strength. When we feel like we can’t go on any longer, He will give us the strength we need to keep moving forward. So on those toughest of days, pour out to Him. Pray throughout the day and lay your challenges at the cross.
3. “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13
This is such a powerful verse! It reminds us that with God’s help, we are capable of anything He calls us to do. Trust that He will equip you with everything you need to accomplish His purposes for your life – including motherhood, which he has called you to do.
4. “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days ahead.” – Proverbs 31:25
This verse is a reminder that as a woman of God, you have been given strength and dignity. When the days ahead seem daunting or impossible, know that you have everything within you to face them with courage and grace.
5. “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7
This verse is a reminder that we don’t have to carry our burdens alone. When we feel overwhelmed by anxiety or worry, we can cast those cares upon Jesus because He loves us and wants to help us through whatever we’re facing.
6. “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” – Psalm 23:1
This verse reassures us that we are never alone because God is always with us. He is our shepherd, and He will provide for all our needs. Trust in Him to guide you through everything life throws your way.
7. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 15:5
This verse reminds us that we are not meant to live independently of God. When we remain connected to Him, we will bear much fruit. We are not meant to try to do things on our own, but rather allow Him to work through us.
8. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:11
This verse is a promise from God that He has good plans for us, plans that will lead to our prosperity and happiness. No matter what may be happening in our lives right now, we can trust that God has a good plan for us and will see us through to the end.
9. “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice!” – Philippians 4:4
This verse tells us that even when times are tough, we can find joy in the Lord. He is always with us, and He desires for us to be joyful in Him no matter what is happening in our lives. When we find our joy in Him, it gives Him glory! You can do this through prayer, Bible study, worship songs of praise, and quiet time – in whatever way you most feel connected to Him.
10. “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” – Romans 8:28
This is such a comforting verse! It reminds us that even when things are tough, God is still working. He is working for our good and His glory. When we love Him and are called according to His purpose, we can trust that He is working everything out for our good.
More resources for Inspirational Bible Verses for the Weary Mom
If you’re feeling weary today, know that you are not alone. Take some time to read through the inspirational bible verses on this page and reflect on their truths. Save this blog post so you can come back to it time and time again. Allow God’s Word to speak encouragement and strength into your heart so that you can continue doing the hard work of motherhood with His grace and power carrying you through every moment. You may also enjoy our bible verses for the overwhelmed mom.
Looking for a way to grow your faith? Check out our 52 Weeks of Faith email series! Every week for one whole year, you’ll receive an email with encouragement and scripture. These emails share inspirational bible verses, devotions and more. It’s a great way to start your day off on the right foot or to take a break from work and reflect on what’s important. Plus, it’s a handy way to keep God’s Word close at hand. So why not sign up today? You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain!