These 42 Positive Affirmations for Moms will transform your mindset. They can help reduce anxiety, increase positivity and boost energy.
Affirmations can be a simple and powerful way to reduce anxiety, increase positivity and energy.
As a mom it is so easy to feel overwhelmed, overworked and stressed. Our endless task list for ourselves, our worries for our children and burdens of others that we carry with us can become too much.
What are affirmations? How and why do they work?
When you were younger, do you remember reading the book The Little Engine that Could? Remember how the little engine finally got up that huge hill simply by telling itself “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can,” right? THAT my friends is the power of affirmations!
The little engine focused on being able to accomplish it’s goal and therefore it did. Now I know that was just a little kids book but affirmations are for REAL.
Affirmations are sentences aimed to affect the conscious and the subconscious mind.
The words composing the affirmation, automatically and involuntarily, bring up related mental images into the mind, which could inspire, energize and motivate. Repeating affirmations, and also visualizing, affect the subconscious mind, which in turn, influences the behavior, habits, actions and reactions.
Affirmations can work because they have the ability to program your mind into believing whatever you tell it to be true. This is because the mind doesn’t know the difference between what is real or fantasy. Amazing right?
There are tons of books on this topic but my favorite author is Louise Hay. Check out her book You Can Heal Your Life or her 365 Daily Affirmations. I’ve also put some of my other favorites at the bottom of this post.
There are both positive and negative types of affirmations.
If you tell yourself negative things daily – guess what, you are setting yourself up for failure or repeat patterns of life. I should know, because my life use to look a lot different than it does now. Here are 42 powerful affirmations I used to reduce anxiety, remove stress, improve mood, and ultimately change my life.
Pick any two of these affirmations and use them daily for at least 30 days. Say them whenever you can, or write them down every morning. Post them where you will see them. Come back here and comment below to let me know what miracles you see changing! If you’re already using affirmations, I would love to know how they have changed your life – please share below.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am capable of amazing things if I believe it to be true and act on those feelings.
- I am brave and courageous.
- I will make the most of today.
- In the eyes, mind and heart of my child, I am a good mom. My love and connection helps my child above all else.
- I am loved.
- All is well. They are well and I am well.
- Taking care of myself makes me a better mom. I give myself permission to do something to nurture ME.
- I am powerful beyond measure.
- Everything is exactly the way it needs to be in order to learn the lessons I need the most.
- I am the exact parent my child needs to blossom.
- There is peace and love in my home, even in the midst of chaos.
- I am grateful for time with my kids today.
- My family appreciates and loves me, even when they forget to tell me so.
- Today I will let go of the guilt weighing on my shoulders. I am not perfect but I am what my child needs.
- Today I will love fiercely, laugh freely and live courageously. I can never get today back.
- One bad day does not make me a bad mom. One bad day makes me human.
- I am the architect of my life; I build its foundation and choose its contents.
- Today I am enthusiastic and full of energy
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
- A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
- My marriage is becoming stronger, deeper, and more stable each day.
- I possess the qualities needed to be fully happy.
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
- Happiness is a choice.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
- My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity.
- Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- Many people look up to me and recognize my worth; I am admired.
- I am blessed with an incredible family and wonderful friends.
- I acknowledge my own self-worth; my confidence is soaring.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- I am a powerhouse; I am indestructible.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life. This too shall pass.
- Today and every day I am enough.
- I radiate beauty, charm, and grace.
- My obstacles are moving out of my way; my path is carved towards greatness.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- My fears of tomorrow are simply melting away.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- My life is just beginning.