Are you tired of trying coffee, energy drinks, pills, and supplements to revive you when you run out of energy? Have you been wanting to find natural methods that actually work to increase your energy?
Moms are some of the hardest working people on the planet. We need energy to get through our massive to-do lists and support those we love, yet we are some of the most drained individuals out there.
Here are some proven natural ways to increase your energy. Even if you just have 15-minutes a day you can implement a few of these strategies to gain back your energetic self.
Try these healthy, natural energy-boosters
1. Exercise. It may be difficult to stay motivated and exercise while you’re tired. But if you power through and workout anyway, the energy boost you will receive can last for a long period of time. Even just 15 minutes can radically improve energy levels.
Exercise increases your heart rate and blood flow, so your body is able to get more nutrients and oxygen. This has a direct impact on your energy levels, and you begin to feel more animated.
Vigorous and intense exercise isn’t necessary to boost energy levels. You can benefit from slower and calmer types of exercises, too, such as walking and yoga. Even just stretching and touching your toes can improve blood flow and boost energy.
2. Eat more whole foods. Foods like vegetables, nuts, seeds and fruits can help you raise your energy levels in a natural way.
Health experts recommend avoiding energy drinks and bars because they’re considered a second-rate choice compared to whole foods. Focus on eating whole fruits, grains, vegetables, and other items.
Check your calorie intake, especially if you’re on a low-calorie diet. If you’re not getting enough calories during the day to sustain your lifestyle, then you’ll feel tired. It’s important to evaluate your food intake and keep a food diary to ensure you’re eating enough.
3. Laugh. Laughing can bring you a sudden boost of energy.
Do you have an online video that always makes you laugh? Can you call a friend who is always ready to share a joke? Maybe you simple need to check out some hilarious memes – whatever it is that makes you laugh – do that!
4. Add small breaks to your day. Working without breaks can lead to fatigue.
Short breaks scattered throughout your day can help you fight stress and reenergize. These breaks can last a few minutes or 10 minutes. They should leave you feeling calmer and more energized.
5. Avoid negative people. If you’re surrounded by negative people, you’re more likely to suffer from stress and fatigue. Negativity can pull you down and counteract all of your other good work to increase your energy.
Studies show that your body’s reaction to the stress response can leave you feeling drained. Negative people can make your stress levels go up, so it’s important to surround yourself with positive people who don’t make you tired.
6. Take a nap. Napping may seem like a counterintuitive idea, but researchers have found it can help increase energy levels. Short naps can help you feel refreshed and empowered to take on new challenges.
Research from the National Institutes of Mental Health reveals that taking a nap can help your brain and body recover from stress and other activities.
7. Stay hydrated and avoid alcohol. Water can help you prevent dehydration and fatigue.
Nutritionists have found that even the beginning stages of dehydration can leave you feeling tired and weak. It’s important to drink water throughout the day and ensure you’re getting enough.
Alcohol can contribute to fatigue, so you may want to avoid it. Even a drink or two the night before can leave you feeling sluggish. It can mess with your normal sleep schedule and make it more difficult for you to get a good night’s sleep. This can lead to more fatigue in the morning and feelings of weakness.
Natural methods can help you increase your energy levels without relying on caffeine or medications. Follow these tips and you’ll enjoy fewer days where you’re lagging from a lack of energy. What ways do you naturally increase your energy? Comment below if you have some ideas to share!