The Minecraft sex mod has caused a lot of concern among parents, and for good reason. If your child is playing this popular game, then you must be aware of this new development.
What is Minecraft
Since its inception in 2009, Minecraft has been one of the most popular video games in the world, with over 122 million copies sold as of 2019. The game is available on various platforms, including computer, smartphone, tablet, Xbox, and Playstation. Minecraft has been praised for promoting creativity, focus, and thinking in kids with its open-ended gameplay.
In recent years, however, Minecraft has come under fire for a new development that is not related to the Minecraft franchise: the Minecraft sex mod.
What is the Minecraft Sex Mod
The “sex mod” is a modification to the game that allows players to engage in sexual activity with each other. I know it sounds disgusting and crazy – but it’s true.
The mod is not affiliated with Minecraft or its creators. It was created by an outside developer, and unfortunately, it can be downloaded and installed by anyone. Once installed, the mod can be used in any multiplayer game. This means that if your child is playing Minecraft with other people, they could be exposed to the “sex mod.”
The game Minecraft is available on multiple technology platforms. It can be played on a computer, tablet, smartphone, Playstation, or Xbox. I’m not here to tell you about installation, though. I’m here to talk about how to protect your children.
How to protect your child from Minecraft sex mod
First and foremost, you need to be proactive about monitoring your child’s online activity. This means being aware of the games they’re playing, the websites they visit, and the people they’re interacting with. If you’re not already doing this, now is the time to start.
Here are some other tips and be sure to also check out the post Guidelines for Your Child’s Screentime:
- Make sure that they’re only playing Minecraft with people they (and you) know and trust.
- Keep devices in a high traffic area. When our kids play with their devices, they know they have to be within eyesight of my husband or I so we can always see what they’re doing at any time.
- Establish limits. This is different for every family. But, have an open dialogue about what sites can and cannot be visited.
- Keep devices in a safe place. All of our devices go in Mom-and-Dad’s room when they are not in use. We have a docking station there, and it’s easy to keep tabs on them, especially overnight.
- Update your parental controls for all of your devices. There are many ways to do this – just find what works well for you and your family.
- Educate your kids. We can’t always be with our children, but we can educate them on making good choices. Sit down with them and let them know this is out there, and you trust them to make good decisions and choose not to engage with it if they happen upon it.
These are just a few things you can do to keep your child safe from the Minecraft sex mod. The most important thing is to be aware of the dangers and to take action to protect your child.
What are your thoughts on the Minecraft sex mod? Have you taken steps to protect your child? Let us know in the comments.