Stress is a normal part of everyday life. There are certain types of stress that are actually motivating and good for you. But as we all know, there are also bad types of stress that can build up, take over your life or even affect your health. Bad stress is what we aim to combat in this article. Whether you’re wanting to take the stress out of the holidays – or combat every day stress – we have you covered because we’ve been there too.
There are lots of options when it comes to reducing stress and these are a few of our tried and trusted favorite natural stress remedies. Turning to natural remedies is a healthy choice, and many times it’ll help you to get to the root of your stress. When you know what causes your stress, you’ll be better able to recognize it and stop it from happening again in the future.
Here are some natural remedies that can help you reduce your stress that you can do right now, then read our post 16 Ways to Fit More Fun Into Your Day, and you’ll be all set!
1. Deep breathing techniques. Breathing deeply can work wonders when it comes to stress reduction. Your breathing is a connection between your conscious mind and the unconscious. When you’re stressed, you take more shallow and short breaths. Counteract the stress, relax your body, and calm your mind with long, deep breaths.
2. Herbal remedies. Stress-reducing herbs include valerian root, passionflower, and kava-kava. These remedies double as remedies for problems, such as insomnia and anxiety, because stress is the most common cause of these ailments. There are also many varieties of stress-reducing herbal teas.
3. Watch what you put into your body. What you eat on a daily basis can directly affect the way you feel and have an impact on your stress levels. It’s important to eat as nutritious as possible, maintain a balanced diet, and limit harmful substances such as caffeine and alcohol.
4. Make extra time for yourself. When you’re stressed, you may feel like there’s just not enough time in the day to accomplish everything that you’d like. This might lead you to cut out doing things for yourself even though they’re vitally important. Go out of your way to make extra time for yourself to reduce your stress and rejuvenate your mind and body.
5. Take a warm bath. A warm bath is a great natural way to leave the stresses of the day behind you. You can increase your bath’s stress-reducing benefits by experimenting with different aromatherapies and essential oils.
6. Break your routine with a relaxing activity. Try something new and bring in some excitement by breaking your routine to pursue a relaxing activity. It’s a great way to relieve your stress and breathe new life into a dull day.
7. Maintain an exercise routine. Exercise is an excellent way to combat stress. It keeps your body fit and your brain active. Exercise also releases endorphins in the brain, which energize you and reduce your stress levels.
Try to get creative when it comes to discovering new ways to combat stress. Your main goal is to avoid getting caught up in your stress. Rather than letting stress run your life, make the decision to be the one in charge. You’ll soon be able to recognize when negative stress is taking over so you can turn to one of your natural remedies to banish it from your life for good!